Mayor Bill de Blasio announced a series of changes to the Build It Back program. His administration released a report on the City’s recovery process so far and the changes going forward. Please find the report here. Some highlights include:
- Goal of 500 construction starts and 500 reimbursement checks issued by the end of summer
- Eliminating priority level requirements for rebuilds, reimbursements, or acquisition.
- Addressing temporary displacement from homes during construction
- Variety of interagency streamlining and cooperation (additional staff, working groups, and regional collaboration)
- Prioritizing workforce development and local hiring in reconstruction
- Engaging with communities and community organizations with borough Build it Back directors
- Build a system to track applications online and submit additional paperwork